The Ultimate Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada- Guide on What You Should Understand About Canadian PGWP! - POEMNICHE
Jobs & CareersScholarships

The Ultimate Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada- Guide on What You Should Understand About Canadian PGWP!


The Ultimate Post-Graduation Work Permit in Canada

If you’re an immigrant looking to make a career change and live in Canada, you may be wondering how a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) could help you. A PGWP is a type of work permit that allows you to work in Canada after you’ve obtained a degree.

Depending on your field of study, you might be eligible for one of many types of PGWPs. Read on to find out what types are available to you and how you can use them to your advantage.

What is a Post-Graduation Work Permit PGWP?

The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP) is an authorization to work in Canada after completing an eligible post-secondary program. This allows international students to live and work in the country for a period of up to three years.

A student who is looking to apply for the PGWP should first consult with an International Student Advisor. This will help determine if they have the necessary qualifications. They can also work with the Graduate Program Staff to help with the application process.

After a student has a valid study permit, they can start working within 90 days. They must show proof of work authorization. If they are refused, they must immediately stop working. Alternatively, they can re-enter Canada, and apply for a visitor status.

An international student may be able to get a PGWP if they are graduating from a Canadian Designated Learning Institution. These can include schools and universities.

Who is eligible for a PGWP?

If you are a graduate student from Canada, you may be able to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP). The PGWP is issued by the Government of Canada and allows you to work in Canada after completion of your graduate program. A PGWP is valid for a maximum of three years. However, students with a longer program length may be able to apply for an extended validity.

To be eligible for a PGWP, students must complete an eight-month or shorter program in Canada. In addition, you must also demonstrate language proficiency. Your eTA must be valid and you must have a valid passport.

International students who want to apply for a PGWP must meet the eligibility requirements and submit the required documents. Students who are unsure about their eligibility should consult an International Student Advisor.


The duration of a PGWP varies from 8 months to three years. In order to determine the length of your PGWP, you must take into account the number of courses you attended in Canada. You can also consider the number of contact hours you completed during each term.

Can I apply for a work permit after my PGWP?

If you are a foreign national who recently completed an eligible Canadian program, you may qualify for a Post-Graduation Work Permit. This type of work permit is a great way to gain valuable Canadian experience. You can apply for a PGWP in Canada from inside the country or from abroad.

The Post-Graduation Work Permit is not renewable. It is issued for a period of maximum three years. As a result, applicants must be strategic about when to apply.

In order to apply for a PGWP, students must first complete a minimum 8-month study program. They may also be permitted to take part in scheduled breaks. A full-time course in Canada will increase CRS score and improve the chances of a PR.

If you are a student, you can continue to work as long as you meet all of the requirements. However, if you are working more than one day before the PGWP expires, you must contact International Student Advising.

How a PGWP can help you immigrate to Canada

If you are interested in immigrating to Canada, you might be thinking of the Post Graduate Work Permit. This is a permit which allows international students to work in Canada after graduating from their study programs. While this program does not provide permanent residence, it is a practical way to advance your career goals.

In order to qualify for this type of work permit, you must meet the requirements. You must have a valid study permit, a degree, and proof of completion. A Post Graduation Work Permit is valid for up to three years. It can be used to prepare for a permanent resident application to the federal government.

PGWP is open to international students who have completed a course that is at least eight months long. Students can also apply if they have a study program at a Canadian university or college. Applicants who are studying a language program can apply if they have a language proficiency score of CLB 9 or higher.


Leave a Reply