Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI)- What You Need to Know About Canadian DLI - POEMNICHE

Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI)- What You Need to Know About Canadian DLI


Changing Programs at Canadian Designated Learning Institutions

Canadian Designated Learning Institutions are institutions which can be approved by the Canadian government and have been given the designation to provide a variety of learning programs. These include courses which focus on a wide range of subjects.

The designated institutions also offer programs for adults who are looking to enhance their skills. If you are looking to enroll in one of these programs, you’ll want to make sure that you get the information you need to make a smart choice.

Designated Learning Institution Number

The Canadian government has designated certain schools as Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs). These schools are authorized to accept international students. DLIs may be public or private colleges, universities or career schools. Each school has a unique code, so it’s important to choose the right one.

Before applying for a study permit, students should ensure that the school they’re interested in is included on the list of Designated Learning Institutions. This is the only way to secure a study permit. If your school is not listed, you will not receive a study permit.

To find out which institutions are on the list, you can search by name. There are also lists organized by region and province. It’s important to note that some provinces and territories have entered into contracts with IRCC.

To change your DLI number, you should go to the IRCC website and select your territory and province. You’ll then be able to view a full listing of all post-secondary DLIs in your area.

Changing Programs

Changing programs at Canadian Designated Learning Institutions (DLI) is a relatively easy process. The process involves obtaining a new Study Permit and a letter of acceptance from the school. You will also need to notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada or IRCC if you are transferring to a different university or college in Canada.

It is not uncommon for international students to change their course or school after they arrive in Canada. However, the change must be approved by the IRCC. In some cases, the international student’s study permit may need to be renewed. Similarly, the student may have to inform the IRCC or the appropriate immigration authority if they plan to remain in Canada for an extended period.


Students who wish to change courses should be sure that the new program will be at a similar academic level to their previous studies. Additionally, they should request a letter from their academic advisor stating that they are eligible to re-enroll in their course.

Changing Schools

Designated Learning Institutions (DLIs) are colleges and universities that are approved by the government to accept international students. These institutions can change their name and location, but they have to have a valid DLI number.

If you have been accepted at a DLI, but later decide that you would like to change schools, the process is simple. You can start by creating an account online. You’ll need to enter your identification and the date you plan to start studying at the new school. You’ll also need to specify the courses you want to study.

When you have selected a new DLI, you’ll need to apply for a new study permit. This is the only way you can change your status. The Canadian Immigration and Citizenship Corporation (IRCC) will need the new information. In some cases, you may need to apply for a study permit extension. You can do this through IRCC or online.

Changing Level of Study

If you’re an international student who is studying in Canada, you can change the type of program you’re taking at a designated learning institution. However, there are certain requirements you must meet in order to change your study permit.

First, you must get a letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institution. This is an official document that proves you’ve been accepted by a Canadian post-secondary school. You can use this letter to apply for your study permit.

After you receive your study permit, you can begin studying in Canada. But if you want to switch to another program, you must contact IRCC. The IRCC will provide you with information about changing your course and institution.

To change your institution, you must obtain a new letter of acceptance from a Designated Learning Institute. You must also update your IRCC online account. It’s free.

You can switch from a primary education to a secondary education or change the level of your studies. Changing your degree is a common practice among international students.


Leave a Reply